10 meters painting


So far in my life I have not managed to keep on working with painting for a long time. I always struggle to fill the entire surface. And I always make something figurative out of the painting as fast as I "find a motive".

This time, I have a 10 meters long roll of paper to fill in during the year I am staying in Hatfield. I do not have enough room to work with the whole painting at once, so I work with about 1 meter at a time. Therefor I do not see the whole 10 meters at once, and the process becomes a bit like the drawing game where we draw the head, neck, stomach, etc. I allow myself to only have these thoughts in my head while I am painting: aesthetics, pattern, color, shape and kompososjon.

The goal is to keep on working with this every now and then, as an ongoing project when I find it hard to do other projects. - It's always good to have something physical to work with, that doesn't require too much thinking :)


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar